We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of this website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
"The Club" referrs to York Caving Club.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- (b) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of joining The Club.
- (c) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to services on this website, email notifications and/or newsletters (including email address).
- (d) Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit this website, and to personalise this website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Types of Cookies we use on this site:
- User - A user cookie is intended to map a user to a specific server, even if the user disconnects and reconnects from a location. As with all cookies on the York Caving Club site, it does not collect personally identifiable information.
- Session - Session cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. They allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate each new area you visit.
- unique_id - These are Google Analytics tracking cookies. Each unique browser that visits a page on the site is provided with a unique ID via the __utma cookie. In this way, subsequent visits to the website via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor.
What if I don't want to accept Cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website - including this website, you should do this through the web browser settings for each web browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet. Please note that by disabling cookies in your browser you will not be able to log in to the members area or use many of the functions of the site.
3. Using your personal data
- (a) Administer the website
- (b) Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- (c) Enable your use of the services available on the website
- (d) Send you general (non-marketing) communications
- (e) Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (f) Send to you our newsletter and other communications relating to club business or events run by the club or it's members
- (g) Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will never provide your personal information to any third parties.
4. Other disclosures
- (a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- (b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- (c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- (d) To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. International data transfers
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. For members, you are able to change your details on your profile once you have logged in. If you are unsure of your login details, please use the password reminder function on the login page or contact us for help.